Certain Cases Transferring Between NSC and CSC

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently transferred certain cases between two service centers, NSC and CSC. Certain Form I-129 H-1B Extension of Stay petitions and Form I-765 filed with Form I-539 were transferring from the NSC to the CSC. The purpose of this transfer was primarily to balance the workload.

What cases are transferring?

USCIS transferred some of the following from the Nebraska Service Center to the California Service Center.

  • Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, for petitioners requesting an Extension of Stay for H-1B classification
  • Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization filed with Form I-529, Application to extend or change Nonimmigrant Status, for petitioners requesting Extension of Stay for H-1B worker to continue with the same employer.

This update is according to information from the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA Doc. No. 17060904).

Categories: Immigration News