U.S. Immigration Resources

Academics & Researchers

The majority of foreign nationals studying in the United States will require an F-1 student visa. For individuals with bachelor’s degrees or hig… Read More

F-1 Student Visa

The majority of individuals studying in the United States will require an F-1 student visa, sponsored by a school approved by the Student and Exchange… Read More

Curricular Practical Training

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) authorizes F-1 students to work through an internship or co-op course or as a required part of their degree progra… Read More

Optional Practical Training

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is a type of employment that can be used either during the course of study as pre-completion OPT (part time during t… Read More

Permanent Residence

Individuals with advanced degrees who are struggling with the visa backlogs associated with PERM-based employer sponsorship, or who are looking for th… Read More

EB-1 Extraordinary Ability

Individuals with extraordinary abilities in business, science, arts, education, or athletics who can demonstrate sustained national or international a… Read More

EB-2 National Interest Waiver

The National Interest Waiver (NIW) application allows an individual to self-petition for permanent residence as long as the work of the individual is… Read More

EB-1 Outstanding Researcher and Professor

The Outstanding Researcher or Professor category requires an employer sponsor and, to be eligible, the individual must demonstrate they: a) Are recogn… Read More


Currently comprising a quarter of the U.S. physician workforce, international medical graduate (IMG) physicians are an essential group to consider for… Read More

Labor Certification

The Labor Certification process (PERM) is a test of the U.S. labor market to determine that there are no willing, able, and qualified U.S. workers to… Read More

National Interest Waiver

Physicians who are working full-time in an area designated as having a shortage of health care professionals — or at a health care facility under th… Read More

J-1 Waivers

The J-1 visa category for Alien Physicians allows foreign medical graduates to obtain residency training within the United States under the auspices o… Read More

H-1B Sponsorship

Receiving a waiver of the two-year home residency requirement is just the first step in a two-step visa sponsorship process for all J-1 candidates, as… Read More


Many primary and secondary exchange teachers are in the United States pursuant to the J-1 visa program. The H-1B visa is a common non-immigrant visa o… Read More

J-1 Visa

The J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa with many different categories that each have their own set of benefits and restrictions. They range from academi… Read More

H-1B Sponsorship

The H-1B visa is a common non-immigrant visa option that allows a school to sponsor teachers to work in the United States for a total period of up to… Read More

Businesses & Professionals

The H-1B visa is the most common non-immigrant visa category in which a U.S. employer to sponsors an employee to work in the United States. H-1B statu… Read More

Cap-Exempt Employers

Some employers can qualify for exemption from the H-1B visa cap. This means that they can apply for H-1B employees year round and are not subject to t… Read More

Labor Certification

The most common ‘first step’ to obtaining permanent residence through an employer is to complete the Labor Certification (also referred to as PERM… Read More

I-9 Compliance for Employers

In a climate of increased immigration enforcement, it is critical for employers to develop strong internal policies regarding I-9 verification and rec… Read More

Families & Individuals

U.S. Citizens and Green card holders (Lawful Permanent Residents) may petition for relatives (or future relatives such as a fiancée or prospective ad… Read More

Family Sponsorship for Visas and Permanent Residency

U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may sponsor certain family members for Lawful Permanent Residency status. Your status determines which relatives… Read More

Acquiring U.S. Citizenship through Naturalization

Naturalization is the process by which a foreign national can become a U.S. Citizen after fulfilling certain requirements. An individual may be eligib… Read More

Intercountry Adoption

Making the decision to adopt a child is life changing, and doing so across international borders adds complexity and unique challenges. While the U.S.… Read More

For Current Clients

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services – Check your Case Status online U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services – Civil Surgeon Locato… Read More

Physician Job Openings

Alabama Family Medicine Physician- This outpatient opportunity provides an excellent salary and a great benefits package that includes sign-on bonus,… Read More