USCIS Guidance on Expedited EADs for Healthcare Workers

Effective immediately, certain healthcare workers are able to request expedited processing of their Employment Authorization Document (EAD) renewal applications. In order to be eligible for the expedite the applicant must have an already pending EAD renewal application and the applicant's current EAD is expired or is expiring within 30 days.

To determine if you are a qualified healthcare worker, see pages 7-9 of the Memorandum on Ensuring Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers' Ability to Work During the COVID-19 Response. When requesting an expedite, evidence of a healthcare profession and current employment should be provided. If insufficient evidence is submitted, USCIS may not accommodate the expedite request.

To request expedited processing, call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833).

For More Information:

View USCIS guidance on how to make an Expedite Request here.

This blog post does not serve as legal advice and does not establish any client-attorney privilege. Do not take any action based on the information contained in this post without consulting a qualified immigration attorney. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our legal team directly.

Find us on LinkedIn.

Categories: EAD