Permanent Residence for Academics


Individuals with advanced degrees who are struggling with the visa backlogs associated with PERM-based employer sponsorship, or who are looking for the freedom of filing as a self-petitioner, may explore options for filing under the Extraordinary Ability or Outstanding Researcher/Professor classifications in the employment-based first preference (EB-1) category, or under a National Interest Waiver in the employment-based second preference category (EB-2).

EB-1 Extraordinary Ability

Individuals with extraordinary abilities in business, science, arts, education, or athletics who can demonstrate sustained national or international a… Read More

EB-2 National Interest Waiver

The National Interest Waiver (NIW) application allows an individual to self-petition for permanent residence as long as the work of the individual is… Read More

EB-1 Outstanding Researcher and Professor

The Outstanding Researcher or Professor category requires an employer sponsor and, to be eligible, the individual must demonstrate they: a) Are recogn… Read More